Frequently Asked Questions: This page contains answers to common questions of students and parents.

What do I need to enroll my child?

  1. Child’s birth certificate
  2. Child’s social security card (if you do not have one, please inform us)
  3. Parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license
  4. House deed, lease or rent receipt
  5. Gas bill, water bill, house insurance verification or Alabama Power bill (any two)
  6. Legal guardianship papers if you are not the parent
  7. Child’s current Immunization record issued by a Health Dept

(Copies will be made of original documents and returned to you)

What happens if my child checks out early?

Your child will possibly be marked absent for a full day and/or miss graded classwork.

I haven’t seen my child’s weekly papers?

Teachers send papers home on a weekly basis. If you have failed to see the papers, please ask your child about them, then followup with the classroom teacher. This is your way of knowing when a conference may be necessary.

When do I get a grade report?

Report cards are issued once every nine weeks. Progress reports will go home on the Monday of the fifth week. However, graded work is sent home on a weekly basis in a stapled bundle. If you don’t see a grade report or weekly papers, please contact your child’s teacher at once.

What if I need for my child to get home a different way?

In order to help us monitor students at dismissal, all changes of this nature must be submitted in person before 2:30 PM on the date of change. All bus requests are done in person and routes will be selected by the parents.

What if I need to have a conference with my child’s teacher?

Please call the school’s office, send a note or email the teacher to schedule parent-teacher conferences 24 hours in advance. The teacher will confirm the date and time of your conference.

What time does breakfast begin and end?

Breakfast is served Monday – Friday from 7:10 AM – 7:40 AM.

When are students tardy/late?

Students are tardy at 8:00 AM by the office clock. Late arrivers will need a parent/guardian to sign them in on the computer to receive a pass to class.

How much will lunch and breakfast cost after the price increase?

Breakfast will cost $1.00 and lunch will cost $2.75 per student. Milk is included with breakfast and lunch.

What time does school begin and end?

School begins at 7:50 AM and students will be tardy at 8:00 AM. School will end at 2:50 PM.

How can I get free or reduced lunch for my child?

The first step is to complete an application. This year they are online. Next, await a letter that says accepted or denied. Application turnaround is usually 10 days.

What if my child is denied free or reduced lunch?

Parents will need to pay for breakfast and lunch if a student is denied free or reduced lunch from the first date that a meal was served to him/her. Forms must be completed each year. This year, forms can be completed online.


No upcoming events.